Do you know the answer to this question? If you do, you have been searching for us. If not, you have been searching for us… You just don’t know it yet.
CrossFit is an exercise methodology that is deeply rooted in functional movement. CrossFit’s methodology was originally developed in an effort to utilize only the most effective means of exercise training, while ignoring all less effective training protocols.
As such, CrossFit has developed a formula for maximizing fitness results over any given period of time for any individual. CrossFit’s formula is as follows:
Elite Fitness is achieved through Constantly Varied, Functional Movements performed at a relatively High Intensity.
While this looks like a simple formula for developing the highest levels of fitness possible, it is truly the most effective training protocol around. Of course, we have not yet defined what CrossFit is. We have merely defined the underlying mechanism of how CrossFit exercise programming is developed. Truth is, you will never fully understand CrossFit until you experience it firsthand.
Our constantly varied workouts are geared towards developing the 10 commonly accepted parameters of fitness (as outlined by Greg Glassman in THIS CrossFit Journal article) within each of our participants.
- Strength – The ability to produce and apply force, regardless of time
- Endurance – The ability of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems of the body to effectively transport oxygen to muscles within the body
- Stamina – The ability of the muscles in the body to withstand sustained efforts without fatiguing
- Flexibility – The ability of each joint in the body to move through it’s full, healthy range of motion without restriction
- Speed – The ability to move from point A to point B in the shortest time possible
- Power – The ability to do the highest amount of work in the least amount of time
- Balance – The ability to NOT fall. Sounds simple – This isn’t always the case
- Accuracy – The ability to replicate movement in a way that allows for effective placement of self or external objects
- Agility – The ability to change direction quickly
- Coordination – The ability to merge multiple movement patterns together in order to complete a task
CrossFit West Sacramento provides essential instruction on the functional movements to every participant on every visit to the gym. The staff of CrossFit West Sacramento is highly trained in all of the functional movements used in the CrossFit methodology. This instruction is critical to safe and effective exercise programs. We are confident of our ability to increase your fitness levels far beyond your current capacity. At CrossFit West Sacramento, we challenge you to Realize Your Potential!
Like we said, the best way to learn about CrossFit is to experience it for yourself. Schedule your free trial workout so you can see why our coaching combined with the CrossFit methodology is the best combination out there for developing fitness.
You can also obtain a wealth of information about CrossFit by following the CrossFit Journal located at journal.crossfit.com.