CFWS proudly hosts quarterly hydrostatic weighing sessions with Mike Hickok of BodyFat Test. We offer this service to our members and non-members alike. This test allows for accurate calculation of lean mass and fat mass of an individual. With this information, the coaching staff can help you build the best dietary approach to achieving your fitness goals.
Our next scheduled BodyFat Test date is 2/25/2017
Click HERE to find an available appointment and get registered. Be sure to choose an appointment titled Hydrostatic Weigh In – 10 Minute Appointment We do not charge you for your appointment. A BFT representative will collect payment at the time of your appointment.
– Click on the appointment time on the calendar below to schedule an appointment at an upcoming test. Appointments are made on a first come, first served basis. Payment for appointments will be collected by Mike Hickok on the day of the weigh-in.
Set Date to 2/25/2017 and Program to Body Fat Test in drop down menu to view and reserve our closest upcoming appointment times.
Additional BFT Locations
If you are unable to make it out to CFWS on the day we have scheduled, you can always find out where else Mike will be by clicking on his logo below.
Preparing for Your Test
1. Bring a swimsuit and a towel. Change in the privacy of our dressing room located
inside the lab.
2. Don’t eat anything 2 hours prior. Eating a big meal within 2 hours before the test may
affect your results by up to 1 1/2%, but no more. Therefore, we advise you not to eat within two
hours before the test. Working out and drinking water is okay.
3. You should try to use the restroom and take a shower if possible. Also, please do
not have large amounts of makeup or hair gel on when taking the test.
4. Submerge yourself in water. You will totally submerge yourself in water for only a few
seconds. Simply count from one to five while underwater. You are in complete control.
The water is heated to between 89° and 94°, depending on the season. The water is also
chemically treated for cleanliness to meet all local swimming pool and hot tub requirements of
the local health department. We also replace the water every night. We have a private dressing
room onboard and for your comfort the lab is air conditioned in the summer and heated in the
A trained technician will be with you every second of the test. You will have privacy and
confidentiality during the entire test, which takes approximately 10 minutes. You are always
welcome to have a friend in the clinic at the same time watching if you wish.